The HYPNOSIS Listserv is an Internet discussion forum privately owned and administered. It is co-sponsored by the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH), the Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis (SCEH), and the International Society of Hypnosis (ISH) for qualified hypnosis professionals. HYPNOSIS is a non-moderated discussion list about hypnosis and hypnotic treatments.
It is intended for faculty members, licensed professionals, and researchers who are involved in the study and use of hypnosis. This includes physicians, dentists, chiropractors, psychologists, social workers, nurses, counselors as well as graduate students in those disciplines. The site is hosted by the Information Center for Online Resources and Services, Inc. (ICORS), which is a non-profit hosting organization providing services to hundreds of online discussion groups.
Appropriate topics for discussion involve any aspect of the principles and practices of hypnosis including:
- Theoretical questions, perspectives, ideas, etc.
- Ethical questions
- Relationships between hypnosis and other approaches
- Research questions and protocols
- Application to clinical cases (Note that confidentiality must be preserved!)
- Technical issues related to the practice and research of hypnosis
- Comments or questions about the hypnosis literature
- Legislative issues
- Training issues and events
- Hypnosis literature
- And more...
HYPNOSIS List Classifieds
The HYPNOSIS List allows subscribers to place free ads in the weekly “Hypnosis Classifieds” published by Carol B Low, Psy.D. Please note the following guidelines:
- Training events sponsored by ASCH, SCEH, or ISH can be posted directly to the listserv as a regular message without using the Classifieds. HYPNOSIS List subscribers can post messages for that organization’s events without seeking approval from Carol Low or George Glaser, administrators of the HYPNOSIS List.
- The Classifieds are meant as a vehicle to advertise any other event, product, merchandise, publication, office space, books, recordings, courses, jobs, roommates, blog posts, etc., that is likely to be of interest to some members of the HYPNOSIS List. The list administrators reserve the right to reject any advertisement deemed inappropriate for the listserv.
- Please provide the text of your ad, NOT an attachment, limited to two paragraphs, and include links to detailed information such as a website, and be sure to include contact information. Attachments are not allowed on the listserv for security reasons.
- The Classifieds are posted as a message to the HYPNOSIS List on Monday mornings. Send your ad for the following week, with the subject line “Hypnosis weekly classifieds,” to Carol B Low, Psy.D. between Friday 7:00 AM and Sunday 7:00 PM, with a copy to George Glaser.
- Items are posted once per request, but you can resend your ad for a second posting.