The HYPNOSIS Listserv is an Internet discussion forum privately owned and administered. It is co-sponsored by the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH), the Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis (SCEH), and the International Society of Hypnosis (ISH) for qualified hypnosis professionals. HYPNOSIS is a non-moderated discussion list about hypnosis and hypnotic treatments.
It is intended for faculty members, licensed professionals, and researchers who are involved in the study and use of hypnosis. This includes physicians, dentists, chiropractors, psychologists, social workers, nurses, counselors as well as graduate students in those disciplines. The site is hosted by the Information Center for Online Resources and Services, Inc. (ICORS), which is a non-profit hosting organization providing services to hundreds of online discussion groups.
Appropriate topics for discussion involve any aspect of the principles and practices of hypnosis including:
- Theoretical questions, perspectives, ideas, etc.
- Ethical questions
- Relationships between hypnosis and other approaches
- Research questions and protocols
- Application to clinical cases (Note that confidentiality must be preserved!)
- Technical issues related to the practice and research of hypnosis
- Comments or questions about the hypnosis literature
- Legislative issues
- Training issues and events
- Hypnosis literature
- And more...