ASCH and its affiliate, the ASCH-Education and Research Foundation, jointly sponsor basic, intermediate and advanced level instruction through our professional training in clinical hypnosis. These Regional Workshops are held four to six times a year. ASCH makes every effort to hold workshops in all regions of the US.
Basic Workshop: Fundamentals of Hypnosis
Why pursue training in Clinical Hypnosis? What are the benefits?
Clinicians who are trained in clinical hypnosis learn a range of communication skills that facilitate reaching the therapeutic goal through more effective utilization of the patient’s or client’s innate resources. Clinical hypnosis incorporates the science of neurobiology and brain plasticity, and its principles are trans-theoretical. Suggestion is an inevitable part of any treatment. Learning hypnosis allows you to better understand how you currently use suggestive language in your treatment approaches and how to increase and diversify your range of skills in suggesting therapeutic possibilities.
• Rapidly establish rapport and the hypnotic relationship across developmental ages;
• Facilitate change, Ego-strengthen and reduce impediments to change;
• Cost-effective, collaborative, person centered treatment; and
• Provide clients and patients with life-long skills for better health.
The Basic clinical hypnosis training is the first part of a series of workshops in the certification program for clinical hypnosis. A diverse faculty from a range of health disciplines will teach you the principles and process of hypnotic inductions, suggestions and treatment. The workshop is a mix of didactic presentations, demonstrations, experiential exercises and faculty-led small group practice tailored to the specific needs and learning style of each participant. At the conclusion of the workshop you will have been taught the basic skills required to utilize clinical hypnosis and begin to apply it to your practice.
Intermediate Workshop: Refining Skills and Treatment Applications
What are the advantages of more training in Clinical Hypnosis?
The second step in certification training is to strengthen your skills, strategies and applications of clinical hypnosis. Part one taught you “how to” do clinical hypnosis, and part two builds on this skill set and refines and furthers your development so you add the when, why and where to the “how to”.
- Introduction to a wider range of topics on the utility of clinical hypnosis (e.g., Pain Management; Irritable Bowel Syndrome; Anxiety and Sleep Disorders; Habit Disorders; Dissociative Identify Disorder);
- Learn more techniques for the creative use of the language of suggestion to facilitate change;
- Learn specific tools (complex inductions and intensification techniques) for specific populations (children; procedural hypnosis; PTSD); and
- More practice with the feedback of expert faculty.
The Intermediate Workshop increases your skills and builds confidence in your use of hypnosis. It prepares you to move on to the Advanced Workshop level and Individual Consultation with a strong basis of skills and understanding of the principles and practice of clinical hypnosis.
Advanced level workshops are topical. Recent professional training workshops have focused on behavioral medicine, health psychology, hypnosis and pediatrics, and mind-body medicine.
Participants are encouraged to attend these workshops in sequence in order to make the most of each workshop. Skills mastered in the basic and intermediate levels are essential to fully benefiting from the advanced level workshops.
2014-2015 Regional Workshop Schedule - Each of the following locations will offer a Basic, Intermediate and an Advanced Workshop.
• May 8-11, 2014 - ASCH Regional Workshop; Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel; Columbus, OH
• June 12-15, 2014 - ASCH Regional Workshop; Sheraton Suites Alexandria, Alexandria, VA
• September 4-7, 2014 - ASCH Regional Workshop; Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Schaumburg, IL
• June 18-21, 2015 - ASCH Regional Workshop; Crowne Plaza Old Town Alexandria, Alexandria, VA
On-Line Registration for Regional Workshops Now Available
On-line registration for Regional Workshops is now available by clicking here. Simply complete the form, including payment information, and submit the form. It's that easy!